My to do list this morning read as follows:
1. Call credit card company and ask, for the thousandth time, 'Why are you so incompetent?'
2. Create introduction activity involving iambic pentameter
3. Create three quizzes for my Lord of the Flies unit that students will actually pass
4. Search online for a new hairstyle because what I've got going ain't pretty
5. Throw in a load of laundry
6. Change out of Naturalizers and into boots for foo-foo dinner planned with L and his co-workers
7. Create new seating charts for new classes next semester
8. Call Mommy
I had every intention of completing my list, but after watching Matt Lauer on the Today Show this morning I realized I needed to make a drastic change of plans. It's 70 degrees out, and it's well below zero in other parts of the country. I just moved back from an area of the world that I will describe in one word: dirty. And I paid attention the other day on the elliptical when Doctor Oz said that women in their thirties don't get enough Vitamin D.
So, I'm off for a walk. A woman in her thirties reminds herself that her list will be there tomorrow.